Thursday, May 31, 2012

Que Sera Sera

In the future you will be reading this, but not your future, my future. I am writing this in your past, yet you still won't know what I have written until you have read it. Does this imply some deep and unsettling truth about time and fate? Maybe! But I don't want to write about fate, so I won't, which may or may not be my fate. Therefor, my belief in free will remains intact...or did fate just now sucker punch me into sneaking in that short blurb about it? Well whatever, either way my perception of choice and free will is still solid, or it was till now, my now, not your now. Moving on...

My Dad always says to me, "Well, maybe try planing ahead next time you genius." When you deal with controlling the future, you really have to give a lot of credit to planning. What would the future be like without plans? I can safely say waffles will not enter into my mouth tomorrow while I sit comfortably on a boat in the Atlantic without a little planning. Star Trek built a franchise around crazy cool plans for our future, like food replicators, warp speed, star ships, and ugly onsie uniforms. That future would be impossible without the dreams of the likes of Gene Roddenberry. My point is, dreams are just fate's way of impregnating our minds with emotionally charged plans for our future. That is why I never write my dreams down. And that's how I maintain my free will and beat fate.

Now what do the experts predict for our future? Michio Kaku, a theoretical physicist, gave this hour long lecture about what to expect in the year 2030. He talks about computer chips that cost a penny, driverless cars, toilets that check our excrement for signs of health problems, the manufacturing of body parts, and how aliens will finally get to watch Leave it to Beaver. I hope we finally get to see their early prime time hits such as Get a Load of Gleeblop or What's Eating Flazgard!

Kaku hits the podium at about 5:30 into this clip.


Personally I'm excited for the future, but it seems to be crawling towards us at such a slow pace. When 2030 finally arrives I will probably be too tired of waiting and have too high of expectations to be impressed by anything short of the invention of a diet soda that actually tastes like regular soda.

I have also thought long and hard about the past and whether or not dinosaurs fought humans in 1million b.c.

 
David laughed at me for suggesting such a thing, arguing that dinosaurs had been extinct for 65million years. He said so while traveling in a time machine found in a hidden hatch beneath Kyle's home, which I found slightly ironic. The answer is simple. What I saw was a time traveling T-Rex. Why I did not think of this sooner, I do not know, but the answer seems so obvious now! Dinosaurs had millions of years to come up with a time machine... and clothing for that matter, and that's all I have to say about that.

AaronBurrellComedy.com          professorblastoff.com

No comments:

Post a Comment